Browsing through the Cisco White Papers I stumbled on a new white paper about Flexible NetFlow. According to the white paper, Flexible NetFlow provides enhanced optimization of the network infrastructure, reduces costs, and improves capacity planning and security detection beyond other flow based technologies available today.
Key Advantages to using Flexible NetFlow:
- Flexibility, scalability, aggregation of flow data beyond traditional NetFlow
- The ability to monitor a wider range of packet information producing new information about network behavior
- Enhanced network anomaly and security detection
- User configurable flow information to perform customized traffic identification and the ability to focus and monitor specific network behavior
- Convergence of multiple accounting technologies into one accounting mechanism
The complete white paper can be found here: Cisco IOS Flexible NetFlow Technology White Paper.
The following two tabs change content below.
René Jorissen works as Solution Specialist for 4IP in the Netherlands. Network Infrastructures are the primary focus. René works with equipment of multiple vendors, like Cisco, Aruba Networks, FortiNet, HP Networking, Juniper Networks, RSA SecurID, AeroHive, Microsoft and many more. René is Aruba Certified Edge Expert (ACEX #26), Aruba Certified Mobility Expert (ACMX #438), Aruba Certified ClearPass Expert (ACCX #725), Aruba Certified Design Expert (ACDX #760), CCNP R&S, FCNSP and Certified Ethical Hacker (CEF) certified.
You can follow René on Twitter