Juniper SA & Terminal Service with JavaRDP
Today I tried to configure a JavaRDP as fallback Terminal Services method on the Juniper SA appliances. It took me some time and with help of my colleague, I finally got it working. Even with Single Sign On to the Terminal Server.
First of all, you need to upload a new Java applet. The Java applet I use can be downloaded here:
I use the JavaRDP provided by Elusiva. After uploading the JavaRDP applet I created a custom HTML page for the JavaRDP applet, like shown below:
<title>Booches RDP Applet</title>
<meta http-equiv=”Content-Type” content=”text/html; charset=iso-8859-1″>
1) << CODEBASE >> is a system value that will get replaced at the time the applet is launched. Please do not modify this value.
2) Please modify the remaining values as needed.
3) Please make sure all attribute names/values are enclosed in double quotes.
codebase=”<< CODEBASE >>”
name=”Booches RDP” align=”top”>
<param name=”code” value=”com.elusiva.rdp.applet.RdpApplet.class”>
<param name=”codebase” value=”<< CODEBASE >>”>
<param name=”archive” value=”JavaRDP14-1.1.jar”>
<param name=”cabbase” value=””>
<param name=”name” value=”Booches RDP”>
<param name=”width” value=”1024″>
<param name=”height” value=”768″>
<param name=”align” value=”top”>
Please specify additional params here after the comment.
<param name=”paramname” value=”paramvalue”>
<param name=”Server” value=”<<HOST>>”>
<param name=”Port” value=”<<PORT>>”>
<param name=”Username” value=”<<USER>>”>
<param name=”Password” value=”<<PASSWORD>>”>
The solution works like a charm!!!
Latest posts by René Jorissen (see all)
- MacOS Big Sur and SSLKEYFILELOG - November 23, 2021
- ClearPass, Azure AD, SSO and Object ID - August 12, 2021
- ClearPass – custom MPSK - July 20, 2021
I’ve gotten this to work as well with Elusiva RDP – however there are two major problems that I haven’t been able to overcome:
1. The applet doesn’t support fullscreen
2. The user-created bookmark doesn’t auto-fail to Java client
These are two big issues in my opinion.
I haven’t played with this issue for a long time. These are indeed some major problems. When it’s possible, I will try to check I have the same problems.
hi, i’m working on this new plugin with no success, please mail me, if you have any working example, cause this seems not working at all =(
Well I really liked reading it. This post offered by you is very helpful for good planning.