NetScaler VPX – upgrade firmware
I am fairly new to NetScaler to I tried to upgrade the software via CLI. This is what I if done.
- Download the upgrade firmware via MyCitrix.com
- Backup the configuration
- Upgrade the software to the NetScaler appliance (I used pscp.exe on a Windows machine to upload the software to the directory /var/nsinstall/11.0/63.16. I created the directories 11.0/63.16 before uploading the firmware)
- Untar the software
- Install the software (relax and take your time)
- Reboot the appliance
- Verify the upgrade (show version)
When everything goes according to plan, you would see the following output:
root@netscaler# tar zxvf build-11.0-63.16_nc.tgz
installns: : BEGIN_TIME 1444387063 Fri Oct 9 12:37:43 2015
installns: : VERSION ns-11.0-63.16.gz
installns: : VARIANT v
installns: : No options
installns: : prompting for reboot
installns: : END_TIME 1444387469 Fri Oct 9 12:44:29 2015
Installation has completed.
Reboot NOW? [Y/N]
The following two tabs change content below.
Co-owner and Solution Specialist at 4IP Solutions
René Jorissen works as Solution Specialist for 4IP in the Netherlands. Network Infrastructures are the primary focus. René works with equipment of multiple vendors, like Cisco, Aruba Networks, FortiNet, HP Networking, Juniper Networks, RSA SecurID, AeroHive, Microsoft and many more. René is Aruba Certified Edge Expert (ACEX #26), Aruba Certified Mobility Expert (ACMX #438), Aruba Certified ClearPass Expert (ACCX #725), Aruba Certified Design Expert (ACDX #760), CCNP R&S, FCNSP and Certified Ethical Hacker (CEF) certified. You can follow René on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Latest posts by René Jorissen (see all)
- MacOS Big Sur and SSLKEYFILELOG - November 23, 2021
- ClearPass, Azure AD, SSO and Object ID - August 12, 2021
- ClearPass – custom MPSK - July 20, 2021