It is recommended to install the VMware Tools before running the AMP setup. After deploying the AMP ova file and starting the VM, you can interrupt the installation process via CTRL+C. This gives you access to the AMP shell. Use the following steps to install VMware Tools on a HPE Aruba AirWave Management Platform appliance:
- From the VMware vSphere Client, open the console to the VM and select VM – Guest – Install/Update VMware Tools;
- Type mkdir -p /media/cdrom
- Mount the CD-ROM via mount /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom
- Copy the installation file cp /media/cdrom/VMwareTools-*.tar.gz /tmp
- Unmount the CD-ROM umount /media/cdrom
- Extract the installation file cd /tmp; tar -zxvf VMwareTools-*.tar.gz
- Run the VMware Tools setup and install script by typing /tmp/vmware-tools-distrib/vmware-install.pl –default (2x hyphen)
The installation will take a few minutes. After the installation is finished you can restart the VM via the command init 6 or reboot.
Check the VMware Tools installation after the reboot by interrupting the AMP installation again and type the command vmware-toolbox-cmd -v. This will give you information about the installed version of VMware Tools.
You can now start the AMP installation again via the command /root/amp-install.